A little bit of time ago I got nominated for a couple of awards by the lovely lady at Count Blessings Not Calories. Firstly, thank you so much for that. I know it’s taken me an absolute age to get to it, but I hope you can understand why.
She has recently started a lovely recovery blog full of optimism. I recommend her writing to all those interested in eating disorder recovery and supporting one another (a.k.a. most of my readers).
Also I apologise id this gets rambly seeing as I’ve taken some zopiclone and although I’m not tired, I am blurry. We’ll see how it goes.
Without further ado –
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere.
- Tell them 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs you like for this award.
- Contact the bloggers that you have chosen to let them know that they have been nominated.
- Resume blogging your regular posts.
As you can see, they’re kinda the same, so I’m just going to do one for them both :D. If you’re nominated for one, your nominated for both.
Blogs I really love and appreciate and have probably been nominated for this a million times over include….
- The fantastic Roxy. Honestly, I cannot stress how fantastic this woman is. Art and recovery = genius idea.
- The beautiful Sooz. She’s one of my girls.
- The ever optimistic Clemmy. She’s super aces.
- A new-found blogger I ‘m really beginning to like called Aggy
- The new worker bee (:D) Meg. Another of my girls.
- A newish blogger who’s still pretty early in recovery but is working her arse off and deserves a lot of recognition at Wee Scone.
- Fiona, a blogger whose heart seems too fucking big for her chest I swear because she’s totes lovely, fucking brave, but also bare informative.
- The stunning Emma who’s a blogger I’ve been lurking at for a while and writes fantastically and honestly about a different side to the same mental mess of eating disorders.
- A very beautiful blog that might not even know I’m reading by Alex.
- The talented Emily for her fucking boomtingz Florentines.
- Someone who probably doesn’t know I’m watching but has an awesome recovery attitude at Post Traumatic Dress Disorder
- A blog I’ve only recently started to notice, but find absolutely lovely at Serendipitous Mornings.
- And Nataly who I’ve only just started to comment on and read, but who’s relentlessly honestly is refreshing in a world of overly optimistic blogs.
Ok so I know that’s only 13, but that’s a damn sight better than the last time I tried any of these.
Now on to 7 things.
1. I have a ceramic tortoise. It’s like a piggy bank but better. I put any spare pound in it to save for when I really need to buy something. He cost a whole £2.5o from a junk shop.I am a bit of a compulsive shopper. It just makes me feel better but can cause serious financial stresses. Hence the guilt free tortoise bank.
2. I dance. All the time I’m dancing. When I’m cooking. When I’m in the shower. When I’m on the tube. When I’m walking along. I just really like dancing. I’m not very good at it, but it makes me feel so much better about my life in general. I look like an idiot, but it’s ok because it’s a more fun way to live.
3. I love city farms. Like really love them. I get so excited I almost cannot take it. I start squealing they are so good. Sheep and pigs and pet’s corners and all those amazing things. I just love it. I’m like a tiny child in a city farm. Don’t even get me started on zoos.
4. Much to the shock and horror of myself and those around me, I’ve been experimenting with maybe liking cream cheese. I bought those little mini philidephia packs and I think maybe it might be ok. Especially with salmon or jam, depending on the mood. I know right? What the fuck? Who’d of thought it?
5. I’m a difficult person to know I think. Quite often, i decide I hate people and start punishing them. They never really notice I’m punishing them, but I have mastered internal seething. Then I get over it and it’s fine. I think it makes me a bit of an unreliable friend. Saying that though, I’m fiercely loyal, so maybe I’m not so bad.
6. My absolute number one phobia is moths. The way they fly at you all unpredictably and in your face and when you hit them and they turn to dust… It’s just wrong. Urgh they are so bad. They are the single reason I absolutely love spiders.
7. We’re going to go to Battersea next week to get a new dog! I am so excited! I’ve got a special lead I’ve got my eyes on and everything. I hope it’s a man dog so I can convince the Fam to call him Keith. Keith is the fasted dying name in Britain. Bring back Keith is all I have to say! Plus dog! YUSS! I love dogs so much. And they need hugs and walking and they look happy and are all round therapeutic animals.
So there you go, 7 things.
Now you can all ignore these nominations if you like because chances are you’ve had them already, I just thought I’d do a quick mention seeing as I think you all deserve some recognition :).
And thanks for the nominations :D